DO YOU WANT TO BUY A PROPERTY?
Deciding to Buy
Purchasing a property in NJ is most likely the biggest financial decision you will ever make. Whether this is your first purchase or you are an experienced buyer, this decision must be made carefully
Why Do You Want To Buy?
Are you tired of paying rent? Have you decided to pay your own mortgage and not your landlord’s? Have you outgrown your current home? Are you looking to start an investment portfolio? Would you like a larger yard? Do you want to shorten your commute? Having a clear sense of your reasons for purchasing will help you choose the right property.
Has Your Income Grown?
Property ownership is an excellent investment, whether you are looking for your dream home, a rental property, or to expand your investment portfolio. Owning real estate is one of the least risky ways to build equity or to obtain a greater return on your initial investment.
Choosing Your Real Estate Agent
It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. I can guide you through the process, and also provide you with access to property listings before they even hit the market.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you, and if they are available at night and on weekends.
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.